Its hard to get started this morning. So I made a list. Of things I love.
- Sepia photographs. Forever.
- Making eggs. Scrambled. Fried. Omelets. Hard boiled. Anything.
- Bearded men with pony tails on top of their heads. Suspenders encouraged.
- Rain. Especially when it is warm out.
- Worn ladders. Anything stacked.
- Dark hair with a fringe. Zooey or Michelle.
- Animals. Especially wet dogs.
- Football matches.
- Stars in a midnight blue sky.
- Old books.
- Warm summer air. Flowers, fields. Cities. Gardens. Streetlamps.
- Notebooks, journals, and stationary.
- Getting mail. Especially postcards.
- Mellow music. Alexi Murdoch, Bon Iver, Pearl and the Beard. Anything that is rich.
- Sleeping anywhere but in a bed.
- My family.
- Board games. I love all board games.
- Themed parties. Any excuse to get together with my friends.
- Farmer’s markets and small local businesses.
- Grocery stores. Small ones.
- Tee shirts. Embarrassing but true.
- Water. Lakes, ponds, oceans, rivers, streams, fountains. Anything that is wet and moving.
Today I have a lot to do. And I’m exhausted inside. This helps.